CORAL - open source ERM - demos at ALA

Greetings!

University of Notre Dame has recently started making modules of
its new ERMS, CORAL, available as an open source product.

CORAL, which stands for Centralized Online Resources Acquisitions
and Licensing, is an electronic resources management system built
by the Hesburgh Libraries at the University of Notre Dame. It
consists of a suite of interoperable modules designed around the
core components of managing electronic resources. Currently made
up of a Licensing, Organizations (Contacts), Cancellation
Workflow, and Usage Statistics [Journal statistics tracking]
module - we are now in the process of developing the final
component, a Resources (Acquisitions) module, expected to be
completed by fall. Each module may be used as part of the whole
suite or as an independent system. For example, a library
interested only in managing license agreements may install and
use the CORAL Licensing module without the need to install the
rest of the suite.

CORAL has been made available as open source software in the hope
that it can serve others as well as it has served the Hesburgh
Libraries. Built using PHP 5 and MySQL, CORAL is an easily
accessible and yet robust system which should be well within the
capabilities of many libraries to install and manage.

Please visit our CORAL website at http://erm.library.nd.edu/ for
more information.

Demos at ALA:
If anyone is interested in seeing a demo of our CORAL Licensing
module as being used by Notre Dame (currently with over 625
scanned license agreements loaded), the CORAL Organizations
module (using almost 400 organization records) or a brief
overview of the Statistics module, my colleague Tanya Prokrym and
I have reserved time at the ALA Networking Uncommons
(http://annual.ala.org/2010/index.php?title=Networking_Uncommons)
and will be available to do a 45 minute demo of these three
modules and answer questions.

Sunday 6/27/10, 2-3pm
Monday 6/28/10, 2-3pm

ALA Networking Uncommons Location: Located near the Exhibit Hall
in the Washington Convention Center. Look for the Networking
Uncommons signs.

Regards,

Andrea M. Langhurst
Licensing/Acquisitions Librarian
Electronic Resources & Serials Access Department
University of Notre Dame