Times

Date: Saturday, June 26

Time: 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.

Location: Hilton Washington (1919 Connecticut Avenue), Lincoln
Room

How do technical services managers and administrators manage up,
out, and across in challenging financial and political times?
Given the complexity of the resources and systems we manage, how
do we ensure we are communicating effectively with our colleagues
in other parts of the library? What is reasonable for being asked
to do more with less?  With fewer and fewer staff, how do we
ensure staff keep their skills flexible for the future?  How do
we ensure that libraries have a seat at the decision making table
with respect to how we do business, whether that be issues
regarding our funding, compliance with municipal or state
regulations, or negotiating large business contracts?

Particularly relevant to librarians new to the field, this
session will address some of the creative ways that leaders of
varying levels of authority within Technical Services navigate
political and economic challenges to successfully acquire or
develop the material and human resources needed to succeed.

Speakers include:

Andrea Kappler
Cataloging Manager
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Communicating to Collaborate: Moving Forward Despite Looming
Budget Cuts

Emily Bergman

Head of Collections and Technical Services
Occidental College Library
>From Technical Services to Director and Back Again:  Thoughts
from an Interim Library Director

Andrew White

Interim Dean and Director of Libraries
Director, Health Sciences Library
Stonybrook University
New Chancellor, New President, and You're Interim Library Dean
.... What's the Plan?

Raymond Santiago
Director
Miami-Dade Public Library System
Responding to Outside Pressures - Flexibility is the Key

Lila (Angie) Ohler
Head of Acquisitions
McKeldin Library
University of Maryland