Anianet Chinese Scholar Network Reaches Major Milestone

--Apologies for Cross-Posting--

PROFESSIONAL NETWORK LINKING CHINESE AND WESTERN RESEARCHERS
REACHES MAJOR MEMBERSHIP MILESTONE

San Francisco, CA, May 18, 2010 -- Anianet, the professional
network connecting Chinese scholars and scientists with their
peers in the west, is pleased to announce that it has reached a
major milestone.  Dr. Yanyun Ma recently became the 5,000th
member to join Anianet.  Since launching in the fall of 2009,
Anianet has become an essential tool to integrate Chinese
researchers into the international community. Reaching this
important landmark validates the intense interest Chinese
scholars have in forging closer connections with their peers in
America and Europe, as well as Anianet's unique ability to
facilitate these connections.

Anianet members create free English-language profiles detailing
their professional accomplishments and interests, in a format
that is easily discoverable and digestible for international
audiences.  This allows Anianet members to raise their visibility
among western editors, meeting organizers, funding agencies,
laboratories, and prospective collaborators. In addition, Anianet
provides members with vital information detailing western grants,
research partnerships, jobs, fellowships, meetings, publications,
and other opportunities. In short, Anianet provides Chinese
researchers with a "western base of operations" for the first
time. Anianet members come from over 700 institutions, labs,
hospitals, and research centers across China, and work in more
than 1,200 disciplines, from aerospace engineering to zoology.

"I am pleased to be a member of the Anianet network," said
5,000th member Yanyun Ma, Associate Professor in the Department
of Physics, National University of Defense Technology. "My
Chinese colleagues and I appreciate having a platform that makes
us more visible in Europe and the United States.  It is also
great to get the latest information about what is happening in my
field at the international level."

In conjunction with this major milestone, Anianet is rolling out
a number of major initiatives and partnerships, including:

* A monthly Call-for-Papers Newsletter highlighting publications
and conferences specifically interested in submissions from
Chinese scholars.  To date, notices from prominent publishers
such as The Royal Society, Emerald, and Multi-Science have
generated tremendous interest among Anianet members.

* A program promoting the China-facing programs, events, and
activities of prominent western institutions, including the
University of California-Berkeley and the University of
Washington.

* A strategic partnership with Edanz Editing (known as Liwen
Bianji in China) to offer skilled scholarly, scientific, and
technical translation services to Chinese authors seeking to
publish in western journals. "We are excited to have reached this
major milestone," said Greg Tananbaum, Founder and CEO of
Anianet. "We are eager to continue delivering services that make
it easier for Chinese and western researchers to connect, and to
shrink the scholarly world."

About Anianet, Inc.: Anianet, Inc., is a privately held company
led by professionals with broad experience at the intersection of
technology, content, and academia.  Launched in 2009, it is
headquartered in the San Francisco area.  For additional details,
see www.anianet.com.