Re: Usage-based pricing (was ebooks in libraries a thorny problem)

Of course you can't ignore implementation difficulties, but
surely you can ignore them long enough to consider whether
they're worth addressing. Pay per click advertising can be gamed,
but that didn't stop Google from turning it into a multigigabuck
proposition.

The statement "all books are made of broadly similar stuff would
be a good topic for debate. Certainly if a publisher thought
their content was of disproportionate worth, they would choose
not to participate. The proposal actually depends on whether
"many or most books are made of broadly similar stuff"

Eric Hellman