Re: Features in publishing systems

Clearly, the scholarly communication system loses all meaning in
the absence of researchers and their needs. Consequently, they
should decide what is best for their work. Every other category
of people invoilved in the process should think of
herself/himself as ancillary to this end. And what researchers
want is the greatest readership possible with the greatest
possible access to everything. Then second-order issues begin to
arise, but only then. This si why scholrs and loibrarians should
work very closely together to design or redesign this optimal
communications system.

Jean-Claude Guedon