Asst. Dean for Collections and Technology: Search Extended

Assistant Dean for Collections and Technology
Search Extended

The Western Washington University Libraries seek a dynamic,
innovative, and decisive leader to serve as Assistant Dean for
Collections and Technology.  The person in this key leadership
position will have policy, assessment, and planning
responsibilities for Library IT, Collection Development,
Cataloging, Acquisitions, and ILL, with a total staff of 25.  We
are in the early stages of re-visioning our organizational
structure, and the Assistant Dean will provide leadership in
rethinking past practices in light of new demands and
opportunities.   We are currently exploring ways to enhance the
discovery of resources and information, expand support for
digital collections, and improve the management of electronic
resources.  The successful candidate will be an accomplished
leader who is skilled in managing change and building
partnerships within the library, across campus, and the greater
community.

This is a full time tenured faculty position at the rank of
Associate Professor or Professor.  The candidate's record must
show professional accomplishments to warrant this appointment.
This position reports directly to the Dean of Libraries and will
work closely with the Assistant Dean for Public Services,
Director of Planning and Administration, and other library
leaders.  Salary is commensurate with qualifications and
experience, with minimum salary of $75,000.  Applications
received by May 7, 2010 will be given full consideration.  This
position will remain open until  filled.  Preferred starting date
is on or before September 1, 2010.

For more details and application instructions, see
https://jobs.wwu.edu/JobPosting.aspx?JPID=1276
For further information, please contact Ms. Connie Mallison,
Search Committee Coordinator, by email at
Connie.Mallison@wwu.edu.

Jeff Purdue
Collection Development Librarian
Jeff.Purdue@wwu.edu