value of Kindle books just increased

The value of the books I have on my Kindle just increased.
Amazon site today announces availability of free downloadable
software that allows you to read your Kindle books on a PC, a
Mac, an iPad, an iPhone, or a Blackberry.  I've tried both PC and
Mac and can attest that it works well:  on a bright display,
rather handsomer than on the Kindle, and on a large screen,
easier to read e.g. maps that were too small to see on the
Kindle.  When you open Kindle-for-PC, it tells you that you can
by one double-click access and start reading the books you
already have on your Kindle.  That changes the "value
proposition" for me:  buy a book once and read it on multiple
devices.  Clearly a competitive move against the public release
of the iPad this weekend.

Jim O'Donnell