Re: eBooks in Libraries a Thorny Problem, Says Macmillan CEO

Although Heather's comment rings true in the abstract, it doesn't
really address the particulars of the situation that were cited
on this list.

The question was not a choice between libraries having flat-sum
pricing or usage-based pricing; what is at issue is whether for
certain properties publishers will make the materials available
to libraries at all.  And here it all depends:  on the publisher,
the property, the state of the marketplace, etc., etc.

Joe Esposito