RE: eBooks in Libraries a Thorny Problem, Says Macmillan CEO

> For consumer publishers, "libraries" almost always and
> exclusively means "public libraries." Academic libraries are
> not on the radar screen.

For exactly this reason, maybe a handful of academic libraries
would be the perfect place to experiment with some bold ebook
access models -- risk could be kept within manageable levels
while the experiments are conducted.  I know my library would
welcome the opportunity to talk with publishers about this kind
of experimentation.

Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dir. for Scholarly Resources & Collections
Marriott Library
University of Utah
rick.anderson@utah.edu