From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu [mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Eric Hellman
Sent: March 24, 2010 2:13 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: eBooks in Libraries a Thorny Problem, Says Macmillan CEO

One thing that came up in the comments was the "Public Lending
Right" payments in the UK. I was aware of this, but didn't
mention it for lack of actually knowing anything about it.
Perhaps list members can help me out with this question: do
"public lending right" payments apply to ebooks, and how does
that work?

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar, Inc.
Montclair, NJ 07042  USA