News from JSTOR: Current Scholarship Program Reaches 100 Journals

To whom it concerns,

Good morning!  The following news regarding JSTOR's Current
Scholarship Program may be of interest to your readers.

With kind regards,
Hillary LaMont
Assistant, Marketing & Communications
ITHAKA
hillary.lamont@ithaka.org

March 9, 2010

Current Scholarship Program Reaches 100 Journals

We are very pleased to announce that seven new publishers have
recently joined the Current Scholarship Program. While work
continues to sign additional publishers and titles to the
Program, with these new partners, libraries will be able to
license and provide their users with access to the current issues
of at least 100 journals on the JSTOR platform beginning in 2011.

The publishers that recently joined the Program include:

Association for the Study of African American Life and History

Michigan Historical Review, Central Michigan University

Historical Society of Pennsylvania

Massachusetts Historical Society

Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture

University of Nebraska Press

Western Historical Quarterly, Utah State University

These publishers bring a wealth of ground-breaking scholarship to
the Program. Titles include The William & Mary Quarterly and The
Journal of African American History, as well as other core
publications in African American Studies, Feminist Studies, and
History.

We are very excited to have these publishers working with us to
improve access to current journal content. Librarians and users
tell us consistently that adding current issues to JSTOR is
important to them, and we know that more is better.  Reaching 100
titles is a first step, and we continue to strive to grow the
Program with partners who share our commitment to serving the
needs of libraries, faculty, and students.

A final list of publishers and titles that will be available in
the Current Scholarship Program for the 2011 subscription year
will be coming soon, and pricing for the current issues of these
journals will be available in early summer.  In the meantime, as
you begin your collection development planning for next year, a
presentation from ALA Midwinter about the Program benefits for
libraries and details about how your institution will be able to
license titles in the Program is available online

<http://www.jstor.org/page/info/about/news/pastEvents/alaMidwinter_2010.jsp>

You can also contact us directly.

ITHAKA (www.ithaka.org) is a not-for-profit organization that
helps the academic community use digital technologies to preserve
the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in
sustainable ways. We provide innovative services that benefit
higher education, including Ithaka S+R, JSTOR, and Portico.