RE: Open Access to Research Is Inevitable, Libraries Are Told

Of course, there are always costs, with OJS or any other tool.
There is always a learning curve, etc. How it is absorbed is the
interesting thing. When a lot of people do it because they want
to make their journal(s) work, then the cost is no longer
monetized. Perhaps it would be good if people left the
perspective that all has to be analyzed in purely organizational
terms that canbe tallied by a good accountant. Doing so is a
useful exercice but it is not a guaranted path to the realities
out there...

With regard to grad students, one has to make a choice: cheap
labor with rapid turn-over or more stable, but costlier, labor.
Again, there is no hard rule here.

Jean-Claude Guedon