Re: Open Access to Research Is Inevitable, Libraries Are Told

We will leave aside the editors' honoraria about which,
incidentally, very little is known publicly, but is obviously a
good way for publishers to create a power system with elite
scientists.

I have no idea about the internal argument used at Elsevier or
elsewhere to justify paying for online editorial system, etc. but
I am sure it is not to increase costs, or, if it does increase
costs, there are other factors weighing in. Companies, by the
way, are obsessed about costs onlyto the extent that it affects
profits, and this over a certain time horizon.

I also love the phrase "it is my understanding that"... and then
an assertion without proof. Let us go back to ciELO once more -
sorry to be repetitive - as this organization publishes mainly
scientific journals, many of which in the biomedical field. I
guess OJS is good enough for them. Si it ought to be good enough
for many other people as well, especially if they try to save
costs.

Jean-Claude Guedon