Evolution of media on the Internet

While we continue to discuss such matters as access to materials,
the role of libraries, the cost structure of publishing, etc., I
thought it might be useful to point to a more or less
representative blog post on new media strategy as it involves in
the consumer market.  Why is the consumer market important for
scholarly communications?  Because the devices used for reading
are being created for the consumer market, where the number of
users is large enough to drive scale. This was my first taste of
this particular blogger and I don't know anything about his
affiliation.  This post touches on renting books and ponders the
place of libraries.

http://j.mp/bbz6CW

Joe Esposito