Re: ArXiv Grows Up, Adopts Subscription-like Model

David, It appears that Simeon has already changed the arXiv
Whitepaper document, removing "subscription-like service" with
the phrase "annual support requests."  I imagine that most
libraries that pledge annual support will consider it to be a
recurrent expense and manage it like any other subscription
expense.

I suspect that the choice of words to describe the new arXiv
funding model was difficult for the Cornell Library as many state
laws forbid government offices (including state libraries) from
making charitable donations.

ArXiv Grows Up, Adopts Subscription-like Model

http://j.mp/5dvINB

--Phil Davis