RE: ArXiv Grows Up, Adopts Subscription-like Model

"subscription-like" was intended to convey the idea that the
mechanics of this support model will work in a similar way to a
subscription and thus that support will be easy for libraries to
handle as part of their normal operations. We received some early
feedback about needing to make the process easy. The "like" part
was intended to indicate that it isn't actually a subscription.

I see that "subscription" is perhaps too much of a hot button
word and so we should probably replace the phrase.

On a positive note I'm delighted to report that we have had
several new pledges of support in few days since the announcement
[1].

Cheers,
Simeon

[1] http://communications.library.cornell.edu/news/arxiv ,