Instance of reckless enthusiasm

For those interested in the "reckless enthusiasm" matter, take a
look at this story in "Inside Higher Ed""

http://j.mp/8QNmqO

This is about the AFL CIO decision to partner with Princeton
Review for online courses.  I would think that this is what
Clayton Christensen ("Innovator'sDilemma") would call a
disruptive technology.

If I had to bet on what would have a bigger impact on higher
education in ten years--white papers issued by distinguished
committees or this somewhat distasteful program from the AFL
CIO--I would put my money on the latter.  Of course, the good
news is that we don't have to choose.

Joe Esposito