From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
On Behalf Of bweil@library.berkeley.edu
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 9:10 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: Wiley-Blackwell Adopts Condense and Rotate Printing Process for
Select Journals

Yes, ACS pulled a real bait and switch.  We thought we were
purchasing a usable archival print journal and instead received
an unarchival and unusable product. The the text was difficult to
read and the inner margins were not suitable for binding.  We
tossed these issues and canceled our print subscription.  There
was no point in spending any money trying to bind them.
Publishers should simply stop printing their journals rather than
switching to this 'Condense and Rotate' nonsense.  I was very
disappointed with ACS' lack of integrity.

Beth Weil
Marian Koshland Bioscience and Natural Resources Library
UC Berkeley