Royal Society of New Zealand and Taylor & Francis co-publishing partnership, 2010

with apologies for cross-posting

Royal Society of New Zealand and Taylor & Francis co-publishing
partnership, 2010

Taylor & Francis is delighted to announce a co-publishing
partnership with the Royal Society of New Zealand for its eight
journals starting in 2010. The RSNZ journals include over three
hundred volume years of top science content covering New Zealand
research specialities such as the geosciences, botany,
agriculture, marine science and zoology, with particular emphasis
in the territories of New Zealand, Antarctica, the Antipodes and
the Pacific Rim. The Royal Society of New Zealand's flagship
social science journal Kotuitui balances these debates by
providing a home for a wide range of social science discussions
with the additional intention of displaying the links between the
social and physical sciences.

Taylor & Francis's Melbourne office will provide local production
and editorial liaison while the company's international marketing
networks will ensure the journals are given tactical, tailor-made
marketing to ensure their authors receive the greatest possible
exposure for the unique content that the collection contains.

The journals will move to Taylor & Francis's InformaWorld
platform, where they will benefit from HTML versions of articles,
forward citation linking and advanced publication of articles
online through iFirst. ScholarOne Manuscripts online submission
and review will also be established, making peer review more
efficient and maximizing outreach to international authors. Back
issues of the journals will be digitized and made available to
subscribers online.

Dr Di McCarthy, Chief Executive, Royal Society of New Zealand
said 'We are very excited by this partnership, and the
opportunities it offers for the journals. Our authors, editors,
referees, and readers should all benefit from the proposed new
initiatives, and we look forward to working with Taylor & Francis
in the coming years.'

Dr David Green, Global Journals Publishing Director at Taylor &
Francis, added: "This group of highly ranked titles is one of the
major journal lists in Asia-Pacific, and we are delighted that
the RSNZ has selected Taylor & Francis as their publishing
partner of choice.  Our innovative strategies to drive global
usage, citations and impact will bring major benefits to the
dissemination of New Zealand science."

About Taylor & Francis Journals

Taylor & Francis is part of Informa, one of the world's leading
publishers of academic journals. We are dedicated to the
dissemination of scholarly information, drawing on expertise
developed since first publishing learned journals in 1798. Taylor
& Francis now publishes 1,562 scholarly journals in association
with over 460 learned societies and scholarly institutions. We
operate from a network of 20 global offices, including
Philadelphia, Oxford, Melbourne, Stockholm, Beijing, New Delhi,
Johannesburg and Singapore.

For more information please contact:
Jennifer McMillan, Library Marketing Manager, Taylor & Francis Group
Journals
Tel: +44 (0) 207 017 6431; e-mail: Library@tandf.co.uk

Customer Services:
Sarah Wright, Customer Services Manager, Taylor & Francis Group Journals
Tel: +44 (0) 207 017 5544; e-mail: subscriptions@tandf.co.uk