Re: Critique of OA metric

I repeat:  your beef is not with me.  If you are advocating that
various machine processes take the place of formally edited
material, then your beef is with certain elements of the OA
community (Harnad and Suber in particular), who argue that OA
should have all the trimmings of traditional publishing, but
without cost to the user; and among those trimmings is the kind
of editorial work you are skeptical about.  I repeat my point:
whether or not one values such editorial effort, PLOS One is not
providing it.