Re: International Financial Statistics license

Yes, I have come across the statement that UN bodies are not
subject to national copyright laws as they exist "outside"
national boundaries (I've had this from WHO and FAO), however
they abide by the Berne Convention and other international
treaties.

With regard to ILL this comes under the "single copy" issue:
within the print world when you lend your copy you no longer have
access to it. but by printing out your e-copy and lending this
you retain access to your e-copy so you have created a new copy
which infringes the principles of copyright law (i.e. Berne
Convention etc.). Therefore the publisher is within their right
to withold permission to do this (as unreasonable as this seems
in the current environment). (This is a problem which publishers
of e-books are trying to grapple with presently.)

Pippa Smart
Research Communication and Publishing Consultant
PSP Consulting
email: pippa.smart@gmail.com
WEB: www.pspconsulting.org

****