Re: Critique of OA metric

Bill,

I really don't see what your beef is with me.  I am agnostic as
to peer review.  There is a difference in the kind of review
accorded the PLOS flagship publications and PLOS One.  You can
come up with any terms that you like to describe that difference,
but the difference is very real.  Some people care very much
about that distinction.  My point was not that one form of review
was better than another, but that there are in fact two kinds at
work here and that that difference is not being acknowledged by
many.

Joe Esposito