Re: DeepDyve - 99 cent article rentals

I am surprised that Steven (or anyone else for that matter) is
surprised that PLoS content is available on the DeepDyve site.
All PLoS articles are published under CC attribution license
(which does not prevent commercial reuse), just like most of the
major OA journals/publishers. DeepDyve does not even need to take
PLoS permission to index, host, or even sell the material on
their web site. I am glad DeepDyve is not charging for PLoS
articles (or Hindawi articles), but if they did, they would be
within their legal rights and would not need to get any
permissions from the publisher or the authors (as the copyright
holders) in order to do that.

Ahmed Hindawi