Re: Critique of OA metric

If this were true, then I would not lose so often when I compete
for junior faculty's books in competition with presses like
Cambridge, whose 500+ years of branding seem to count for a lot
with the senior colleagues of these faculty who tell them that
they will have a better chance of getting tenure if theory
publishing with the more "prestigious" press!

Sandy Thatcher
Penn State University Press (only a little more than 50 years old)