UKSG and NASIG offer conference exchange through John Merriman Award

**Apologies for cross posting**

John Merriman Award: UKSG and NASIG collaboration facilitates
conference exchange places for information professionals

UKSG and NASIG (North American Serials Interest Group) are
pleased to introduce a unique opportunity for a member of each
group to attend the annual conference of its sibling
organization.  The new John Merriman Award covers all conference
fees, travel, accommodation and conference meals. It was named in
recognition of John Merriman's role in the foundation of both
UKSG and NASIG.

Tony Kidd, Chair of UKSG said of the award: "A core element of
UKSG's mission is to connect the information community and this
award is a perfect example of how we support our members. We have
a very close working relationship with NASIG and sponsoring this
type of collaboration will not only help cash-strapped members on
both sides of the Atlantic to attend key industry events, but
will strengthen the ties between us. John Merriman, who set up
both organizations, always believed we should work together and
so it is fitting this award is named in his honour."

Rick Anderson, Chair of NASIG commented, "Both the UKSG and the
NASIG conferences are highly regarded events. They offer
attendees the chance to learn about new initiatives and industry
developments and connect with other information professionals,
suppliers and intermediaries. To be offered the chance to gain an
additional perspective by attending a conference in a different
country is an amazing opportunity for an information professional
in the early stages of their career and I am proud that we are
able to support this exchange."

Applicants are invited from people working in a functional
(non-managerial level) position with responsibility for some
aspect of e-resource management within a Library or Information
Service.

Forms are available from NASIG at http://www.nasig.org, from UKSG
at http://www.uksg.org,  from Carol Ficken, Co-Chair NASIG Awards
& Recognition Committee or from Kate Price, UKSG Education
Sub-Committee Chair.

The award is partially underwritten by Taylor & Francis. The
successful applicants will attend the UKSG Annual Conference,
Edinburgh, Scotland, 12-14 April, 2010 or the NASIG Annual
Conference, Palm Springs, California, June 2-5, 2010.

Tracy Gardner
UKSG Marketing Associate