Press Release/Multi-Science Publishing

New Journal Launches for 2010

Following the successful launch of seven new titles in 2009,
Multi-Science Publishing now announces six further titles for
2010, taking its title list up to 32. The 2010 new titles are:
International Journal of Protective Structures; Journal of
Structural Fire Engineering; International Journal of Ocean &
Climate Systems; Journal of Healthcare Engineering; International
Journal of Micro Nano Scale Transport; and International Journal
of Hypersonics.

Commented Multi-Science Director Bill Hughes, "Watching research
patterns develop in increasingly interdisciplinary ways, and
seeing the emergence of new research interests, commits us, as
publishers, to create fora where academics can communicate with
others whose research interests are as closely aligned to their
own as possible. Study after study has shown that this is a key
academic requirement and our success has been built around
meeting that requirement: in many areas we publish the only
English-language journal wholly serving a particular
subdiscipline. Not only do we create useful conduits through
which scientific communication can purposefully flow, we remove
potential obstacles to communication. Our journals are anyway
realistically priced - easily affordable even on the subscription
model - and, through pioneering consortia deals such as Knowledge
Exchange and the ALPSP-CRKN agreement, can be available to
university libraries at really low prices. The next step is to
marry the goal of even wider access, beyond academia, with the
fundamental need for the sustainability of the publishing model.
In 2010, we expect to be making some radical proposals in that
respect."

More information
Bill Hughes
Multi-Science Publishing Co Ltd