Re: Open Access to Research Is Inevitable, Libraries Are Told

I have tried to contemplate about the future of scholarly
journals in a talk I have given at UKSG 2009. I was trying to
parametrize the possible futures rather than picking one of them
as the most likely. The success or failure of open access is one
of the factors that will shape the future of journal publishing,
but there are others, more profound, factors that will determine
how this future will look like. The talk was later published in
Serials and self-archived as a Google Knol at following URL:

http://knol.google.com/k/ahmed-hindawi/2020-a-publishing-odyssey/35ebnhrldxfp4/1

Readers of this list might find it of some interest.

Ahmed Hindawi