RE: Changing the game

At the risk of repeating myself, I'd like to urge that the nine
roles I identified acquiring editors as playing in the review
process for scholarly monographs cannot readily be duplicated in
a system run only by academics. For the enumeration and
explanation of these roles, see my essay on "The "Value Added' in
Editorial Acquisitions" here:

http://www.psupress.org/news/SandyThatchersWritings.html

I would be interested if Jean-Claude believes these "functions"
to be "quite limited indeed."

Sandy Thatcher
Penn State University Press