Re: New forms of publishing

Sue, et al,

Arguably, this may not be categorically different than any other
book. The book's content does NOT change, but the context in
which it is understood and interpreted does - just as does that
of every other book/information object, albeit usually at a much
slower pace.

Furthermore, the fact that the changing context of this book's
interpretation is so thoroughly technologically mediated serves
to make us aware of the fact that its meanings are mediated -
which of course also applies to all books/information objects.

Here we have another case of new media exposing what was true yet
oft unnoticed about the old. An interesting example.

Best,
Darby

Darby Orcutt
Senior Collection Manager for Humanities & Social Sciences
North Carolina State University Libraries
Box 7111
Raleigh, NC  27695-7111
darby_orcutt@ncsu.edu