Nurnberg and comments

For those who have not been following this exchange about the
metadata for Google Book Search, this post and the comments,
especially the one by Jon Orwent of Google, are provocative and
useful.  Here is the shortened link:

http://bit.ly/Eg7OX

As I have been following this topic, I have wondered how the
library community thinks of Google's strategy and vision.  Does
G's strategy get us to what more and more people are calling a
"universal library" or is it something else?  And if something
else, how to characterize it?

Joe Esposito