OSA Announces 2010 Pricing: No increase for Optics InfoBase

Please excuse cross-posting.

Dear Colleagues:

OSA is pleased to announce our institutional subscription pricing
for 2010 at www.osa.org/librarians. We are mindful of the
economic challenges our institutional library partners are
facing, and we are eager to work with you to ensure your patrons
and researchers have access to the top-quality optics content
they require.  Please read on for details of the following:

* 2010 PRICE FREEZE FOR OPTICS INFOBASE

* OSA JOURNALS IMPROVE IMPACT FACTORS; ACCOUNT FOR 49.6% OF ALL
CITATIONS IN ISI OPTICS CATEGORY TOP 20

* DEVELOPMENTS FOR 2010 SUBSCRIPTIONS

2010 PRICE FREEZE FOR OPTICS INFOBASE

Our flagship collection, Optics InfoBase, will see no increase
for 2010. This all-electronic full-text database contains more
than 168,000 articles from 14 publications, and represents the
largest peer-reviewed optics and photonics collection. See
www.opticsinfobase.org for details.

ADDITIONAL PRICING FOR 2010

All stand-alone journals and our print + online combination
packages will be subject to a modest 3% increase.  Complete rates
for the following titles may be found at www.osa.org/librarians :

* Advances in Optics and Photonics
* Applied Optics
* Journal of the Optical Society of America A
* Journal of the Optical Society of America B
* Optics Express
* Optics Letters
* Optics & Photonics News
* OSA Conference Papers
* Virtual Journal for Biomedical Optics

In addition to our publications above, OSA is also proud to
present a
selection of journals which are offered in cooperation with other
scholarly societies:

* Chinese Optics Letters (published by Science Press, China)
* Journal of Display Technology (jointly published by OSA and
IEEE)
* Journal of Lightwave Technology (jointly published by OSA and
IEEE)
* Journal of Optical Communications and Networking (jointly
published by OSA and IEEE)
* Journal of Optical Technology (published by S.I. State Optical
Institute and D.S. Rozhdestvensky Optical Society, Russia)
* Applied Spectroscopy (published by the Society for Applied
Spectroscopy)

OSA JOURNALS ACHIEVE HIGHER IMPACT FACTORS IN 2008

Optics Letters, Optics Express, Applied Optics, Journal of the
Optical Society of America A, Journal of the Optical Society of
America B, and the Journal of Lightwave Technology all reported
higher impact factors compared to 2007. Together, these six
journals also accounted for 49.6% of all citations among the top
20 journals in the ISI optics category. Further, OSA journals
claimed six of the top 12 spots in the optics category when
ranked by Eigenfactor. Please see
http://www.osa.org/journals/news for complete data.

DEVELOPMENTS FOR 2010

Journal of Optical Communications and Networking (JOCN)

JOCN merges OSA's Journal of Optical Networking with IEEE
ComSoc's Supplement on Optical Networking and Communications,
which is published with the Journal on Selected Areas in
Communications. JOCN will be included in Optics InfoBase, and in
OSA's Combination Package 2; it may also be subscribed to as a
stand-alone title. Subscribers will continue to have access to
the complete JON backfiles.  JOCN ISSN: 1943-0620
www.opticsinfobase.org/jocn  Advances in Optics and Photonics
(AOP)

Launched in 2009, Advances in Optics and Photonics will go under
access control in January 2010. Libraries subscribing to Optics
InfoBase or Combination Packages 1, 2, or 3 will now have access
to AOP as part of those packages. AOP may also be subscribed to
as a stand-alone title.  AOP ISSN 1943-8206
www.opticsinfobase.org/aop  Should you wish to modify your OSA
subscriptions, or if you need additional information, please
contact us at elec@osa.org or +1-202-416-1901. You may also
contact me personally at the coordinates below; I'd be glad to
hear from you.  From all of us at OSA, we look forward to working
with you in the new subscription year.

Kind regards,

Christine Orr
Director, Publication Sales