Re: 30-40% discount for e-only services: kudos to OECD

Heather Morrison schrieb:

> Worth highlighting:
>
> According to Toby Green of OECD as reported on liblicense, a
> number of subscribers are choosing to keep print, even though
> there is a 30-40% discount for e-only services - original
> message at:
>
> http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/ListArchives/0907/msg00091.html
>
> Kudos to OECD for leadership in setting an appropriate discount
> level for e-only, especially if print is being maintained as
> well.
>
> If more publishers were to offer these kinds of discounts,
> there would be no serials crisis.  Libraries could be adding
> journals instead of cancelling, and increasing monographs
> purchasing.
>
> Comments from subscribers about whether OECD's claims about
> pricing really are as stated would be most welcome.
>
> Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is that of the author
> alone, and does not represent the opinion or policy of BC
> Electronic Library Network or Simon Fraser University Library.
>
> Heather G. Morrison, MLIS
> Associate Editor
> Scholarly and Research Communication
> src-online.ca

This time, I can confirm that those claims are correct :-)

In addition, OECD is a great partner for consortia, and if the
new platform called OECD iLibrary fulfills the expectations we
set in it (much improved usability, federated search, DOIs and
OpenURL, RSS Feeds, and finally also MARC Records (!) and
compliant usage statistics for its diverse presentation forms
(journals, book chapters, OECD.stat). It is also good to know
that we have permanent archival rights and use for Interlibrary
loan will be allowed. OECD Publications also maintains a fruitful
collaboration with Google. And Toby Green is an avid contributor
to this list, whose contributions over years have always provided
insight into the changing landscape of e-book-publishing.

Best regards,
Bernd-Christoph Kaemper, Stuttgart University Library

Universitatsbibliothek
Universitat Stuttgart
Holzgartenstrasse 16
70550 Stuttgart