From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu [mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.ya
le.edu] On Behalf Of Heather Morrison
Sent: 15 July, 2009 2:01 AM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: 8-10 percent discount - kudos!

Congratulations to SAGE for showing some real leadership in
moving to e-only - AND, lowering prices!

Q. Is there a discount offered on an e-access subscription rate?
A. Yes, SAGE offers an 8% discount off the Print-only rate and a
10% discount off the Combined (Print & E-access) rate.

>From the SAGE press release, as reported on Liblicense:
http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/ListArchives/0907/msg00083.html

Note:  print costs are at least 20-30% of total publishing costs.
The SAGE discount is most welcome news and definitely a step in
the right direction - but a leadership position in appropriately
discounting with a move to e-only is still very much open.

Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is that of the author alone,
and does not represent the opinion or policy of BC Electronic
Library Network or Simon Fraser University Library.

Heather G. Morrison, MLIS
The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com