ASA partners with SAGE to publish its journals

***** Apologies for cross posting****

The American Sociological Association partners with SAGE to
publish its influential journals

Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore and Washington DC (July
6, 2009) - SAGE is very pleased to announce it has signed an
agreement to partner with the American Sociological Association
(ASA) to publish eight of its journals beginning in 2010 and
2012.

The journals are American Sociological Review, ASA's flagship
journal and the number-one-ranked journal in sociology,
Contemporary Sociology: A Journal of Reviews, Journal of Health
and Social Behavior, Social Psychology Quarterly, Sociology of
Education, and Teaching Sociology (all to be published by SAGE in
2010); and Sociological Methodology and Sociological Theory
(published by SAGE beginning in 2012).

The American Sociological Association is a non-profit membership
association, based in Washington, DC, dedicated to advancing
sociology as a scientific discipline and profession serving the
public good. Founded in 1905, ASA has nearly 15,000 members,
including college and university faculty, and researchers at
public institutions and in the private sector. Its members
participate in 44 special interest sections and its journals are
among the best in the field.

"Forming a publishing partnership with SAGE is a very significant
step for the Association, one we believe will be extremely
beneficial to our members and to the discipline of sociology,"
said ASA Executive Officer Sally Hillsman. "SAGE has long
provided significant publishing support to sociology, and this is
a particularly important time for our discipline nationally and
internationally. The leadership of the American Sociological
Association seeks to ensure the Association's journals are at the
core of a robust sociological and interdisciplinary scholarly
communication system that strengthens our discipline and
contributes to the well being of society. I am confident that
ASA's partnership with SAGE will move us forward in achieving
these goals."

Publishers' proposals were judged on the strength of their list
in sociology and related fields and on the publisher's reputation
and references.

"We couldn't be more pleased that ASA has selected SAGE as its
publisher and are delighted to be working with the Association to
grow and strengthen its publishing program," said Alison Mudditt,
SAGE Executive Vice President. "The ASA's prestigious journals
will increase the quality of our already strong list in
sociology. Our extensive online presence, marketing efforts, and
international sales team will help heighten worldwide visibility
for ASA's journals."

Sheenagh McCarthy
Senior Marketing Manager
Library Group