Re: Hoax Article Accepted by OA Bentham Journal

So to rehash where we are on the listserv, peer review is either
essential or useless, open access is either scholarly
communication's savior or an informational form of snake oil,
libraries are either hamstrung by the current economic crisis or
using it as an opportunity to experiment with new forms of
collection development, and the annual subscription model that is
the norm in the space is either ripe for a challenge or solid as
a rock. I'll pull the bus up and we can drive up to Capitol Hill
to tackle health care, the economy and peace in the middle east.

(Sorry attempts at) joking aside, kudos to the list.  These are
important issues, and, while we may sometimes stray into the type
of grandiose overstatement that characterize talk radio, by and
large each topic is being contemplated with insight and
intelligence.  I look forward to continued rigorous debate.

Best, Greg
--
Greg Tananbaum
Consulting Services at the Intersection of Technology, Content, &