Re: Hoax Article Accepted by OA Bentham Journal

Xiaotian Chen said:

"This story should be more of an OA problem than a peer-review
problem...The model of author paying for OA publication may have
contributed to this, while common sense tells us that traditional
model (customers pay) may work better for quality control."

I may be misunderstanding Xiaotian Chen's posting, and I'm
certainly no expert regarding author fees, but I'm kinda thinking
that the "author pays" model is not limited to just OA
publications? Aren't there subscription journals that also charge
author fees or page fees?

Bernie Sloan