Re: Hoax Article Accepted by OA Bentham Journal

I'm sure that all the good folks (editors, reviewers, etc.) who
have labored many hours in a sincere attempt to support the peer
review process will gladly accept Mr. Krichel's assessment that
their efforts have been "useless".  :-)

Mr. Krichel's reply to my question seems to be "I don't have to
prove I'm right...you have to prove I'm wrong." As he says, he
doesn't need to study the empirical evidence that is published in
those pesky peer-reviewed journals :-)

Does Mr. Krichel believe we would be better off in a world
without the checks and balances of peer review? What does he
suggest to replace peer review?

Sure, peer review is far from perfect, and there is ample
anecdotal evidence that it can be flawed. That doesn't prove that
peer review is "useless".

Bernie Sloan