Re: Hoax Article Accepted by OA Bentham Journal

OA journals have no monopoly on low peer-review standards: There
are plenty of low-quality and even junk subscription journals (as
we have had occasion to note recently, with El Naschie's "Chaos,
Solitons, Fractals" journal and of course the recent
Pharmamercial Scams...

The problem is not with peer review itself, but the rigor with
which it is practised. (Any resemblance to the NRA slogans on
guns is unintended!) And the temptation to make a buck by cutting
corners is there with OA and non-OA journals alike...

Stevan Harnad