From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Anthony Watkinson
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:28 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: Acquisitions of independent databases by major vendors

I understand what Ivy Anderson means but the form in which it is couched is
often used both in this context and when smaller publishers are bought by
larger publishers. These independent databases like smaller companies sell
to the larger publishers and make money out of the sale. No-one is forced to
sell unless they have an unsustainable business model and just cannot manage
to deliver.

Anthony