The value of peer review as it relates to the NIH Policy

Every time I write something about open access I tell myself that
is absolutely the last time I'm going to say anything publicly on
the topic. I go off and busy myself with running my library and
hanging out with my granddaughter and playing music with the
Bearded Pigs.  Then something comes up that gets me thinking
about the issues again and I can't resist.  This time, it was a
talk by David Shulenburger, Vice President for Academic Affairs
at the Association of Public and Land Grant Universities (APLU),
and former provost at the University of Kansas.

So I made a few comments here:

http://tscott.typepad.com/tsp/2009/06/quantifying-the-value-of-peer-review.html

Scott

T. Scott Plutchak
Director, Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham
tscott@uab.edu
http://tscott.typepad.com
http://beardedpigs.net