Re: Metadata and Nature Group

   Joseph Esposito writes

> Natue is making extensive investments in (among other things)
> metadata.

   But as I read it, it's Nature's own metadata. They are a publisher,
   not a library. And I don't see any evidence in the reference piece
   that they will change business sector.

> Contrast this with the competing vision of the cheap "Linux box with
> a part-time system administrator," which was trumpeted on this list
> some time ago.

   Who trumpeted? Me? ;-)

> http://network.nature.com/people/mfenner/blog/2009/05/25/oai-pmh-interview-with-tony-hammond

   He mainly discusses technical issues. The business issue remains:
   who will gather a metadata set of academic articles make it freely
   available? Presumably, your trumpeter will.

   Cheers,

   Thomas Krichel