From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
On Behalf Of Ivy Anderson
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 5:07 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Supplying electronic articles via ILL

Sally,

With widespread green OA policies that allow self-archiving of
author versions of articles, and with widespread 'scholarly
sharing' provisions in licenses that explicitly permit
scholar-to-scholar sharing, why does anyone still think that
electronic ILL poses a serious threat to subscriptions?  As I
said in my previous post, it's the CONTU provisions that are
universally accepted among libraries (at least in the U.S.) that
are the limiting factor. Electronic ILL makes the lending
institution's job harder, but that is not a disincentive to the
borrower.

Ivy Anderson
Director of Collections
California Digital Library
University of California, Office of the President
ivy.anderson@ucop.edu
http://cdlib.org