RE: Supplying electronic articles via ILL

Sally,

With widespread green OA policies that allow self-archiving of author
versions of articles, and with widespread 'scholarly sharing' provisions
in licenses that explicitly permit scholar-to-scholar sharing, why does
anyone still think that electronic ILL poses a serious threat to
subscriptions?  As I said in my previous post, it's the CONTU provisions
that are universally accepted among libraries (at least in the U.S.)
that are the limiting factor. Electronic ILL makes the lending
institution's job harder, but that is not a disincentive to the
borrower.

Ivy

Ivy Anderson
Director of Collections
California Digital Library
University of California, Office of the President

(510) 987-0334 (voice)
(510) 287-3825 (fax)
ivy.anderson@ucop.edu
http://cdlib.org