Re: Access to 2009 H1N1 Flu information

Shirley:  This was most certainly an oversight on our part as it
was our intention to have made this article freely available- as
we do with articles that have large public health implications.
The article has now been made free.

Beth Rosner
Publisher, Science
Director
Office of Publishing and Member Services
AAAS
Washington, DC  20005
office: 202-326-6539
brosner@aaas.org

>>> Shirley Ainsworth <shirley@ibt.unam.mx> 5/12/2009 9:11 PM >>>

While I note with interest the journals whose publishers have
taken the decision to open up access to information about H1N1
flu resources, it seems lamentable that Science, such an
infuential publication, does not even permit timely institutional
suscription access to those resources from the Science Express
section. Articles such as Pandemic Potential of a Strain of
Influenza A (H1N1) : Early Findings, a collaboration between
Mexican, British and WHO researchers, are out of reach of
academics.

Pity.

--
Shirley Ainsworth