From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of David Prosser
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 5:47 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Merck published fake journal

Irony lovers will enjoy going back to 2004 and re-reading the
evidence Crispin Davis, former CEO of Reed Elsevier, gave to the
UK House of Commons Committee on Science and Technology. Right in
the middle of this interesting practice Sir Crispin was
commenting on the quality and objectivity safeguards of the
subscription models - safeguards that would be undermined by open
access.  He also mentioned that 25% of Elsevier revenue came form
the commercial sector, including Merck.  We now know how that
came about.

[SNIP]