Re: University of Maryland's Open Access Deliberations

More accurate to say that "product sampling increases sales."
It does in some instances, but the samples must be controlled or
they will undermine sales.  Finding the right balance is an art.
A related point is that the economic environment changes over
time.  Thus what is a useful instance of product sampling today
may be detrimental to product sales a year or more from now.

Joe Esposito