RE: Marketplace Story: Publicly funded research for a price

I work in a medical library.

We pay $625 for our current subscription.  We receive print and
our online access is restricted to one IP address on one physical
computer.  To provide access for our distance students, we would
have to pay $3000.  They got the prices right for my institution.

Cynthia Porter
cporter@atsu.edu
Distance Support Librarian
Learning Resource Center
A.T. Still University
5850 E. Still Circle
Mesa, AZ 85206
Phone: 480-219-6192

>>> "Nawin Gupta" <nawin.gupta@comcast.net> 05/01/09 3:28 PM >>>
Furthermore, they have the facts wrong about cost of a JAMA
subscription. It is still rather affordable for a weekly
publication at $125 for online and $165 for print+online for a
year, not "thousands of dollars."  Even an institutional
subscription for print+online is only $590.

Nawin Gupta