Digital publishing and university presses

>From insidehighered.com, discussing a Sandy Thatcher article in
"Against the Grain."

"It's clear that the recession is accelerating the shift to
digital publishing. 'With the economy shaping up as it seems to
be,' one astute observer of trends in the university press world
told me last summer, 'we're going to see a 15 year leap in
publishing in the next two years.' And that was well before
trillions of dollars started vanishing into the ether."

Full text:
http://www.insidehighered.com/views/mclemee/mclemee237