From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Georgie Donovan
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 12:08 AM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Multi-Site licensing language

Hi all,

Does someone have a clear-cut definition for when a campus
becomes a multi-site, triggering multi-site pricing & licensing
requirements?  Our school has a strong distance ed program, but
has recently begun talking about whether to station permanent
staff/faculty at community colleges or other local schools where
we teach these satellite classes.  My thinking is that once there
is a permanent full-time staff/faculty person there, it may
define us as campus with more than one site.  Or would the
tipping point come later, when there's truly a branded
Appalachian State University - Hickory (or some such)?  You may
backchannel me directly (donovangl@appstate.edu) or write to the
list.  Thanks much,

Georgie

----
Georgie Donovan, Asst. Professor
Lead Acquisitions Librarian
Belk Library - Appalachian State University
w - 828.262.7571