Request from BNP Paribas: Budget trends into FY10

Liblicense-l Librarians:  This question has come in.  Please
contact the address below, if you feel you would like to
contribute information.

Ann, I am currently trying to conduct a two-minute survey with
some of your colleagues regarding likely developments of
collection budgets. Below is a little email i am sending out to
people i had the chance to meet a few years ago when we met.

If you find it appropriate and in line with your editorial
stance, could you please consider posting it to your liblicense
mailing list? This would help a lot!

******************************

Exane BNP Paribas, an investment bank based in London is
currently conducting a survey within the research library
community to assess likely developments of collection budgets
going into FY10. Responses will be kept confidential and
aggregated to form a view on current budget trends.

We are only asking your views on 2 short questions:

1. By how much do you expect your collection budget to grow in
FY10? -10% or worse, between -5% and -10%, between 0% and -5%,
between 0 and +5%, +5% or more.

2. If cuts are necessary, what type of products do you expect to
cut most? Books & monographs, bibliographic databases, serial
collections, other (please specifiy).

We would appreciate your time to answer our email. This is NOT a
commercial approach but only serves our own research purposes.
Aggregated results will be shared freely with participating
respondents.

Many thanks for your help!

please respond to: publishing@exane.com

Sami Kassab